Last updated 12 July 2020, by Impactyield.
Symbiotics is the leading market access platform for impact investing. Over the past decade, the company has originated and structured nearly 3300 investment transactions, worth more than USD 4.1 billion, on behalf of 384 companies in 79 emerging and frontier markets, all serving a measurable sustainable and inclusive finance objective, purchased by 50 different investment funds and institutional investors. Symbiotics is a registered asset manager in Switzerland, a registered investment adviser in the United Kingdom, and has further office presence in Mexico, the Netherlands, Singapore and South Africa, regrouping more than 135 employees worldwide.
Each investment made by Symbiotics needs to comply with the following criteria:
– Target domestic markets in emerging and frontier economies
– Invest in the real economy, promoting the social function of finance and seeking long term value creation
– Integrate sustainability and social responsibility ratings, using ESG norms, in the investment process
– Benefit low and middle income households and micro-, small and medium enterprises
– Foster job creation and access to primary goods, such as homes, food and energy
Incorporation year: 2004
Headquarters location: Switzerland
Currency for fund / product figures: USD (US Dollar)
Total firm assets under management: 1300000000 USD
Membership and other professional affiliations: European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA), United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI)
Years top investment professionals have worked together: