Homewise Community Investment Fund, Homewise, Inc.
United States of America
Last updated 12 May 2020, by Impactyield.
Developed countries (203) / More developed regions (202) / More developed regions (North America, Asia & Oceania) (153) / United States of America (112)
The Community Investment Note is a promissory note issued by Homewise that helps promote successful home ownership in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Notes allow investors to obtain a financial return while their invested dollars make positive social, economic, and environmental impacts in Northern New Mexico communities.
The Notes pay an interest rate of between 1% and 4% and can be purchased with terms of 1 to 15 years. Homewise intends to use the proceeds from the Community Investment Notes to develop new residential property, issue low-interest fixed-rate mortgages, and issue home improvement loans. The minimum investment for the Notes is $1,000, with minimum additional increments of $100.
Homewise has been engaged in our current business of generating loans since 1986 and has been developing and selling affordable housing since 1994. Much of the lending and development activities of Homewise have been financed by national foundations, government grants and local financial institutions. Homewise has never defaulted nor been delinquent in the repayment of any funds borrowed or invested in the organization.
The Homewise business model produces a level of 100% operational self-sufficiency before grant income. The financial challenge for Homewise is securing capital for mortgage lending. The Homewise Community Investment Fund provides a diversified source of capital. Other sources include debt capital from banks and MRIs and PRIs from foundations and capital grants from the CDFI Fund and NeighborWorks America.
As of June 30, 2014, Homewise had
• Total assets of $73.2 million, supported by $35.7 million of total net assets and $37.5 million of total liabilities
• Gross loans receivable of $55.9 million, along with another $147.2 million in off-balance sheet loans serviced for others
• A delinquency rate of 1.7% for its total portfolio
• Property under development valued at $13.5 million
• A cumulative operating surplus of $10.8 million over the past 5 full fiscal years
• A current ratio of 1.5 and deployment of 88,7% of its lending a real estate resources
The most recent audited financial statements may be found at:
of track record
the year funded
Key performance indicators
Asset manager: Homewise
Product track record: Fund has 12 years of track record
Target IRR: n.a.
Committed Capital: n.a.
Target return category: Risk-adjusted market-rate of return
Fund domicile: United States of America
Product status: Open - committed capital
Inception year: 2011
Vintage year: 2011
Target region: Developed countries, More developed regions, More developed regions (North America, Asia & Oceania), United States of America
Target close date: n.a.
Product term: 1-15 years
Assets under management: 1,815,500 USD (US Dollar)
Investment size: Min: 1,000; Max: 5,000,000; Avg: 50,000
Currency of investments: USD (US Dollar)
Currency for fund / product figures: USD (US Dollar)
Fund investments to date: 45
Fund investments to date exited or repaid: 0
Management fee: n.a.
Carried interest: n.a.
Hurdle rate: n/a%
GIIN Investors' Council Investment: Yes
Limited Partners / Investors: n.a.
Limited Partner / Investor Type: Development Finance Institution (DFI), Endowments/Foundations, Family Office, Pension Funds, Other Institutional Investors, Retail Investors
Phone number: 505.955.7020
If you wish to have your details removed from this database please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of Homewise is to help create successful homeowners so that they improve their financial well-being and contribute to the vitality of our communities.
To meet this mission, Homewise offers homebuyer and financial education and counseling, real estate sales services, low-interest, fixed rate home purchase, home improvement and refinance loans, and real estate development of affordable housing.
From inception in 1986 through June 2014, the impact performance of Homewise has been:
• Providing home buyer and financial literacy education to more than 11,500 households;
• Originating more than $500 million in mortgage loans on-and off-balance sheet to assist 2,932 families purchase homes
• Lending more than $26 million to provide energy and water conserving improvements to over 1,950 homes
• Building over 560 new affordable ‘green’ homes
And as of June 30, 2014,
• A 30-day delinquency rate of 1.7 on the total Homewise portfolio. This is exceptional when compared to Prime delinquency rate of 3.46% and FHA of 9.62% (Mortgage Bankers, National Delinquency Survey)
Community Investing/LocalEnergy and Water ConservationMinorities/Previously Excluded PopulationsOtherWomen