GMP Microfinance Fund I, L.P.
United States of America
Last updated 12 May 2020, by Impactyield.
The GMP Microfinance Fund I
- GMP Microfinance Fund I invests in Microfinance Investment Vehicles (MIV’s) that in turn invest in Microfinance Institutions (MFI’s) worldwide . The Fund will invest it’s assets in a very select group of MIV’s covering MFI’s throughout the developing world markets of the America’s, Eastern Europe, Asia/Pacific, Africa and the Middle East
- MFI’s lend money to local entrepreneurs in developing countries. The interest paid enables the microfinance institutions to sustain themselves as well as expand their services to serve more of the poor
- GMP is a world-class microfinance money-manager with over 20 years combined microfinance experience and investment experience
GMP Microfinance Fund I is addressing a sector of microfinance that is largely lacking. The fund is a blended portfolio of microfinance debt funds and microfinance equity funds, thus providing the diversification necessary to produce above-market returns with excellent liquidity for our investors. Our due diligence process is stringent; measuring not only financial but social metrics and is in a balanced category of microfinance investments all by itself.
Microfinance Fund I considers underlying Microfinance Investment Vehicles (MIV's) that have excellent track records and a dedication to helping the poor. We are looking for above market returns that use sound management criteria with our equity investments and strong interest rate returns coupled with a high level of liquidity on the debt investment side of our portfolio.
GMP targets high liquidity, above market returns and a socially sound and principled model dedicated to helping the poor around the world gain access to credit that they would not normally receive. We believe in the proverbial hand-up rather than a hand-out.
of track record
the year funded
Key performance indicators
Asset manager: Global Microfinance Partners
Product track record: Fund has 8 years of track record
Target IRR: 15%
Committed Capital: 0 USD (US Dollar)
Target return category: Risk-adjusted market-rate of return
Fund domicile: United States of America
Product status: Open - committed capital
Style/Stage: Seed Stage
Inception year: 2015
Vintage year: 2010
Target region: Emerging countries
Target close date: n.a.
Product term: Open
Assets under management: 30,000,000 USD (US Dollar)
Investment size: Min: 0; Max: 0; Avg: 0
Currency of investments: USD (US Dollar)
Currency for fund / product figures: USD (US Dollar)
Fund investments to date: 0
Fund investments to date exited or repaid: 0
Management fee: 1%
Carried interest: 10%
Hurdle rate: n.a.
GIIN Investors' Council Investment: No
Limited Partners / Investors: n.a.
Limited Partner / Investor Type: Development Finance Institution (DFI), Endowments/Foundations, Family Office, Pension Funds, Other Institutional Investors
Phone number: 704-332-9390
If you wish to have your details removed from this database please email email@example.com
Microfinance: Social Impact and Sustainable Returns
- A Microfinance Institution (MFI) is an organization that offers financial services to people who typically do not receive services from traditional banks. As most of them are poor and have no collateral -except their own labor- they are normally excluded from the regular banking system
- GMP is a Global Asset Manager bringing the microfinance needs of the poor directly to the capital markets by making microfinance investment products available to investors
- This asset class is expanding rapidly and is producing attractive returns for investors. Moreover, the demand for microfinance in the developing world is currently 10 times the supply; thus we expect to these trends to continue
Bottom/Base of the PyramidCommunity Investing/LocalMinorities/Previously Excluded Populations