Azure Microfinance Private Equity Fund of Funds
Last updated 12 May 2020, by Impactyield.
A private equity fund of funds is an innovative solution to capture high growth and returns in emerging markets, with a vast social impact.
Thanks to the 20% to 30% annual expected growth in these markets and excellent management quality, microfinance institutions have become one of the most attractive private equity investments in the emerging/frontier market space while playing a key developmental role in these countries.
The Azure Microfinance Private Equity Fund of funds selects fund managers, which are located close to their investments and targeting smaller institutions with a higher growth potential. It will offer a worldwide allocation, actively managed by the General Partner.
AZURE MICROFINANCE PRIVATE EQUITY FUND OF FUNDS
Capture high growth in emerging markets with a vast social impact
- Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) – strong growth opportunity in emerging and frontier markets
- Global exposure to Microfinance Private Equity funds, uncorrelated to other asset classes
- Strong Fundamentals – typical MFI 31% IRR, 16% ROE since 20081
- Experienced Team – invested alongside 74 Microfinance funds and 36 fund managers
- Managed BlueOrchard, one of the world’s largest Microfinance funds
- Actionable Pipeline – due diligence conducted on 60% of funds in Microfinance investment universe
- Diversified portfolio of 15 to 20 investments
- Co-Investment (up to 30%)/Secondary market access (up to 30%)
of track record
the year funded
Azure Partners SA
Headquarters location: Switzerland
Other funds managed by this asset manager: Azure Global Microfinance Fund
Key performance indicators
Asset manager: Azure Partners SA
Product track record: Fund has 10 years of track record
Target IRR: 20%
Committed Capital: 20,000,000 USD (US Dollar)
Target return category: Risk-adjusted market-rate of return
Fund domicile: Luxembourg
Product status: Open - committed capital
Style/Stage: Early Stage, Growth Stage, Secondary
Inception year: 2013
Vintage year: n.a.
Target region: Emerging countries
Target close date: 01/04/2014
Product term: 10 year term
Assets under management: 100,000,000 USD (US Dollar)
Investment size: Min: 1,000,000; Max: 0; Avg: 0
Co-investment policy: Only with LPs
Currency of investments: USD (US Dollar)
Currency for fund / product figures: USD (US Dollar)
Fund investments to date: 0
Fund investments to date exited or repaid: 0
Management fee: 1.5%
Carried interest: 10%
Hurdle rate: 6%%
GIIN Investors' Council Investment: No
Limited Partners / Investors: n.a.
Limited Partner / Investor Type: Endowments/Foundations, Family Office, Pension Funds, Other Institutional Investors
Phone number: 41223617189.00
If you wish to have your details removed from this database please email email@example.com
Azure Partners has developed its own social performance measurement tool to evaluate the relevance of the social performance measurement (SPM) tools used by the funds and to compare their social due-diligence methodology. This process is meant to assess social performance but does not override economic or risk based analysis.
AZURE PARTNERS SOCIAL PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT TOOL
The tool encompasses 32 questions that are grouped into 3 main dimensions and 19 sub-categories:
• the first dimension assesses the Fund Manager governance and social performance policy;
• the second and third dimensions evaluate the Fund’s social objectives and strategy and the quality of its social due-diligence process.
The following criteria are used to assess the social performance strategy and social due diligence process of the underlying funds. A grade from 0 to 3 is assigned to each sub-category that leads to a final social rating score. Each underlying fund obtains a social rating score.
Bottom/Base of the PyramidMinorities/Previously Excluded PopulationsRuralUrbanWomen